CICB started in Orlando Florida in 1969. It was the very first vendor to provide third party training for crane inspectors and operators in the USA. Originally the company focused on mobile and overhead cranes, and over the years branched out to offshore and maritime cranes, and heavy construction equipment. During the first 10 years, CICB performed a large portion of its inspections and training for the United States Navy and Department of Energy. Today CICB is proud to feature five subject matter experts from the United States Navy Construction Battalion (Seabees), and still provide services for Nuclear Energy Plants and Suppliers.
CICB opened its Houston Office in early 2000 and continues to provide services around the world. CICB enjoys strategic partnerships in South America and the Middle East to ensure quality and consistent training, inspections and certifications are maintained.
When customers were asked what they like best about CICB, the most popular responses included:
- Customized Training that addresses specific cranes and specific lifts.
- Knowledgeable Instructors who have significant real world experience, love cranes and relate well to crane operators.
CICB’s Major Accomplishments:
- Forty years of continuous year of training inspections and certifications to the lifting and heavy equipment industries.
- Senior Instructor/Inspectors are accredited by the U.S. Department of Labor - OSHA to perform maritime inspections.
- Instructors have 250 years plus combined experience as operators, inspectors, managers, and instructors in Material Handling Lift Equipment: Cranes, Boom Trucks, Aerial Lifts, Forklifts, etc.
- Instructors are NCCCO Certified Mobile Crane Operators and NCCCO accredited Practical Examiners, who know the material first hand.
- Subject Matter Experts that have been involved setting standards for heavy equipment operators in the United States Navy.
- All Instructors have been trained and evaluated in Adult Learning Principles by the Bob Pike Institute.
- Performed 3000 hours of material handling equipment training for all branches of the Armed Forces.
- Performed 500 plus equipment inspections in Nuclear and Military Facilities.
- Performed training and inspections of material handling equipment in Nuclear Plants in accordance with Department of Energy Hoisting and Rigging Standard.
- Performed 2900 man hours of contractor evaluations during Shutdowns and Turn-arounds at Nuclear Plants.
- Chosen to review Overhead Crane Operations, Maintenance and Inspection manual for Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) an organization that helps write safety policies and procedures for private Nuclear Power Plants.
- Performed training for operators and managers for NASA at Kennedy Space Center in Florida.